When someone says liver, people don’t frequently associate it with delicious unless you are from Europe or like the pate. However, liver is not only delicious when made well but it is also very inexpensive and organ meats in general are incredibly healthy. It has more vitamin A, riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Folate and Niacin than any fruit or veggie. It also has a ton of iron which is particularly great for anyone who is anemic. So give it a try!
1/2 yellow onion chopped
2 tbsps. olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1. Pour olive oil into a medium pan and allow it to heat
2. Place chopped onions into pan and turn heat to medium. Allow the onions to cook, stirring occasionally, until they become golden in color
3. Chop the liver into 2 inch pieces while the onions are cooking
4. Once the onions are golden in color add paprika and mix
5. Now add the liver pieces and allow to cook for about 1 minutes
6. Flip each piece over and allow to cook for 1 minute
7. Turn heat to medium/low and cover pan and allow the liver to cook for another 4-5 minutes. If it gets to dark, then it will be hard and basically burned, so keep an eye on it. It should be light/med brown in color
8. That’s it!