You guys… I think this is the best butter I’ve made so far. Its such a good flavor combo and goes well with so many things. You need a stand mixer for this recipe (you can use a hand mixer too but it’ll take a while and your arm will get tired)
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream (or 1 quart if you want more butter, double everything if you use a quart)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine heavy whipping cream, cilantro, black pepper, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl
- Set mixer to medium speed and mix for about 15 minutes (it’ll take about 25-30 minutes for a quart of whipping cream). You will see the cream thicken first, then you’ll start to see globs of butter forming and the rest of the cream thinning and forming buttermilk. When the globs start forming, it gets very splashy, so I suggest putting a towel around/over the bowl and turning the mixer speed down a bit.
- Once you see lots of globs and some buttermilk (liquid), you’re done mixing (see picture below)
- Pour off the buttermilk into a jar (you can use this later for cooking a creamy sauce or whatever you want).
- Then place butter globs into a cheesecloth or towel and squeeze as much buttermilk out of it as you can. This will make the butter keep longer
- Store it in parchment paper. If you squeezed out the buttermilk well it will keep for about 1-2 weeks in the fridge and about 1 month in freezer
*** You can use the leftover buttermilk to make a sauce for pasta, rice or potatoes***