This recipe will include both the shrimp and the rice. I suggest making the rice first because the shrimp are super quick.
For the shrimp:
- 1 lbs of shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- Preheat broiler to 500
- In a large bowl mix together paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper
- Mix in melted butter, garlic and cilantro
- Allow to marinate for 15 minutes
- Place on broil-safe baking dish and cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook another 2 minutes
For the rice pilaf:
- 2 2/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (use chicken or beef broth if you are making this rice with meat)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 onion powder
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup orzo
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- In a medium bowl add the vegetable broth, butter, salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and onion powder. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the orzo and cook until brown, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook until it turns bright white, about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the warm broth mixture into the skillet, stir to combine. Once the mixture simmers, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, on medium-low heat. Remove the cover, add cilantro, cover and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until all of the broth is absorbed.