It doesn’t look particularly impressive, but it was really good!
- 1-1.5 lbs of thinly sliced chicken breast or tenders (cut into 1.5 inch pieces)
- 1 tsp of purée ginger (you can use fresh ginger too)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp of canned chickpeas (drained)
- Mix together soy sauce, ginger, honey and garlic in a large bowl
- Place chicken in the bowl and mix well so the chicken is covered with marinade
- Leave chicken at room temperature for 20 minutes
- In a medium pot combine 2 cups of jasmine rice, water, salt, pepper and butter and bring to boil
- Stir, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Once the rice is almost cooked, add chickpeas and mix well
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat on high
- Add chicken to pan and cook on high heat for 2 minutes
- Flip chicken pieces over and cook on high for another 2 minutes
- Cover the pan and turn the heat to medium/low and cook for another 2 minutes, then add rice and mix everything together.