Healthy and yummy kid friendly recipe!
I have yet to meet a kid who doesn’t like chicken nuggets. Unfortunately, it’s usually not the healthiest option – loaded with processed carbs and sodium. This is my recipe for a healthier version of chicken nuggets that you can make pretty easily and quickly at home.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1.5 pieces/cubes
- 2.5 tablespoons of honey
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 cup almond floor or sliced almonds crushed up with food processor
- Pam or other cooking spray
- In a medium bowl whisk together salt, pepper, honey and 1 egg
- Place almond flour or crushed almonds in another bowl
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray frying pan with pam and heat it
- Dip each piece of chicken into the honey and egg mixture and then dip into the almond flour to coat it well
- Place chicken pieces on frying pan on medium heat and cook on each side for 2 min (to give it that nice golden look)
- Spray a baking pan with pam and transfer chicken to the baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes. The almond flour and honey gives it a nice sort of sweet flavor. Serve with whatever you want, but stay tuned for next week’s recipe which will be for healthy “fries”.