This is a weird side dish. I feel like I need to make this disclaimer. Miracle noodles are basically something similar to seaweed noodles. They have no carbs, no fat and no calories. And as you may have guessed if you don’t make them properly – no taste. As I mentioned in one of my non-recipe posts someone in my family is on a Low glycemic diet which mean no pasta is allowed. I played with so many different ways to cook these noodles to make them resemble pasta and I finally got it. And of course it involves not following any of the directions on the box. So if you’d like to try and see what you think of the pasta replacement, you can buy these on amazon (just get the fettuccini ones)
1 pack of miracle noodles fettuccine
1/2 cup of half and half
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tbsps curry
1/2 tsp salt
1. One the packet of noodles and drain the water from it. Place the noodles in a pasta strainer and rinse them with regular cold water.
2. In a large skillet mix together half and half, coconut milk, curry and salt and bring to boil (watch the pan, because it will boil rapidly and go everywhere if you’re not careful)
3. Place noodles into boiling mixture and turn heat to low.
4. Cover the skillet, but stir occasionally
5. Allow to cook for 6-7 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow noodles to sit in the mixture another 5 minutes.
6. Use a pasta strainer to drain the liquid
7. You can serve these with your favorite cheese