Its been a really long time since I’ve posted any new recipes, but I’m back now! So here’s a new one for you: Persimmons stuffed with quinoa, turkey and almonds! They make the kitchen smell like fall and they taste delicious!
5-6 Ripe persimmons (make sure they are ripe, this is really important for taste)
2 cups of cooked quinoa
1 raw turkey breast
Brianna’s ginger mandarin marinade (or something similarly fruity)
1/2 cup of sliced almonds
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2 dried apricots chopped (for garnish)
1. Chop turkey breast into small pieces (nickel sized) and marinade in Brianna’s ginger mandarin marinade and 1/2 tsp cinnamon for 30 minutes at room temperature
2. Cut the tops off the persimmons and gut out the insides. Place the persimmon “guts” into a bowl. Place persimmon “shells” into baking dish
3. In a large sauce a pan combine 1 tbsp of coconut oil, persimmon “guts” and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
4. Add almonds to pan and stir another 2 minutes
5. Place contents of pan into bowl
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
7. Place turkey into the pan, cover pan and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Don’t overcook it or it will be dry
8. Once turkey is cooked combine it with the persimmons and almonds, then add quinoa and mix together.
9. Scoop combine mixture into persimmon “shells” and cover with the cut off tops
10. Bake for 20 minutes
11. Garnish with more almonds and chopped apricots
This would make a great thanksgiving side, or even stuffing 🙂